Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following terms of hire apply to all equipment hire from Radio Facilities.
If you have any questions please call us on 020 3355 8188.
- Prices quoted are exclusive of VAT, transport and insurance. Delivery and Collection can be arranged – see below for prices.
- You must notify us in writing within 24 hours of receipt of your equipment if you think anything is missing or incorrect. After that period we will be judged to have supplied the equipment to you in full.
- The Customer is responsible for the safety of the Equipment throughout the duration of the hire, and shall compensate the Company at current replacement cost for all damages, missing items or deterioration through maltreatment of the Equipment, or for any failure or delay in return to the Company of the Equipment in accordance with the Company’s instruction or agreement (as per replacement value). The Customer declares that they have adequate funds or insurance to cover any costs arising from theft, loss or damage.
- Missing items not returned within 7 days of notification will be charged for at the full replacement value stated on the Hire Agreement.
- The minimum hire charge is £30 + VAT.
- The following standard discounts will apply:
- The Customer has checked the suitability of the equipment they are hiring, and agrees to read the instructions supplied.
- The presence of a product on our website does not guarantee equipment availability. Likewise we do not hold equipment based on quotations. Please confirm that we still have equipment available before sending purchase orders or making any payment.
- We accept payment by cheque, cash and all major credit and debit cards (except American Express). Payment must be received in full before commencement of the hire.
- Radio Facilities is a trading name of Radio Facilities Audio Ltd. VAT Number 371 6554 84. Company number 13068891.
- Delivery is charged at £25 + VAT for smaller (single) items, or £35 + VAT for larger (multiple items or over 10kg).
- We reserve the right to refuse hire, or ask for a deposit of up to the full replacement value of the equipment.
- We guarantee to be the UK’s cheapest hire company. If you can find the same equipment cheaper elsewhere, we will match the price (subject to equipment availability). Forward the competitor’s quote to us, showing full hire company information. Note, the competitor’s quotation must be for the same equipment specification and the same hire period. This guarantee does not include delivery charges (where appropriate).
- In the event of of cancellation of a hire or studio booking, the following charges will apply:
- Radio Facilities Audio Ltd is committed to fighting fraud within the equipment hire industry and shares information, (including CCTV images and copies of documents provided) on suspicious behaviour with other equipment hire companies via the X-hire Anti-Fraud Network: http://www.xhire.org.uk/ By making an enquiry or booking equipment with us, you consent to this. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer to hire equipment if we are not satisfied with the veracity of information provided.
- Radio Facilities Audio Ltd takes steps to prevent identity fraud. For business customers we may carry out a company report check or credit check. For personal customers, we may carry out a LexisNexis IDU search to check a number of data sets which are either public record or consented data, for example the electoral roll. This is used to verify the identity of a customer. We also check against credit data as this is another good way of proving someone’s identity. When we check against credit data via the credit reference agencies this leaves a footprint on a customer’s credit file so the customer is aware that a search has been carried out. It is an ID check footprint and will not affect their credit score at all. By proceeding to hire, you consent to a credit data search, which will leave an ID check footprint.
• 2 weeks = 10%
• 4 weeks = 20%
• 8 weeks = 30%
• 12 weeks = 40%
• 24 weeks = 50%
• if the cancellation is more than three working days before start of hire or studio booking = no charge
• if the cancellation is between 1 and 3 working days before start of hire or studio booking = 50% charge
• if the cancellation is less than 1 working day before start of hire or studio booking = 100% charge
Terms and Conditions of Hire last Updated: 21st December, 2022